This is one of the nicest fully restored 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Broughams in existence
This has won a multitude of awards and is a consistent first place or Best in Show winner.
Perhaps as important, nearly everything on this Brougham works correctly and several enhancements have been made to make it more reliable than the somewhat challenged original.
The following are some of the more important awards won by this beautiful Cadillac: AACA Junior and Senior 2013, AACA Grand National First 2015 (scoring 397 out of 400 points), AACA Grand National Senior 2016, Special AACA National Award winner 2016. NC Senior 2014, Old Dominion First place winner 2015, Cadillac Grand National First Place Award Winner 2019.
The deep and rich Copenhagen Blue metallic paint (Paint 124) is nearly perfect and is framed by gorgeous chrome and stainless steel trim. Copenhagen Blue is one of our favorite colors on the Brougham, as it really emphasizes the stunning lines of the car. The exterior is truly very close to perfect. The inspection found a small defect on the lower portion of the passenger side front fender about the size of a pencil eraser.
The interior is equally gorgeous in Medium Bayou Blue brocade cloth and Medium Blue Leather trim and door panels. The upper door panels and the dashboard top are finished in light blue leather, which was recently completed. The blue carpeting was also recently installed and looks fantastic. All of the instruments and gauges have been rebuilt and function well, including the clock and radio. Even the memory seat adjustments work, but not always perfectly (which is par for the course for Broughams). And of course, the Autronic Eye is functioning, although the owner disables it as it can prove to be an annoyance or unsafe on country roads.
The present owner bought this Brougham in 2012 and proceeded to continue to improve on a car that was partially restored by Charles Crail Automobiles in Santa Barbara, CA. Since acquiring the car, he has completely rewired and rebuilt most of the cars electronics and suspension, making it a very dependable and perfectly functioning car for touring or show.
- The self-leveling air suspension has been upgraded to more modern components, but this is all done behind the scenes, where it would be unnoticeable upon inspection.
- He also pulled the engine and transmission for detailing, resealing and rebuilding as needed. The 365 CID V8 offers 335 hp. The triple Rochester two-barrel carburetors are installed, but only the center primary carb is used making it run far better with compete dependability.
- The Cadillac has no oil or transmission leaks and is mechanically ready to enjoy.
- The air conditioning has been converted and works well, but requires a recharge of Freon.
- This Brougham is compete with most all of the accessories, including the magnetic tumblers, cigarette case, perfume bottle, make-up kit, etc. The pen and paper are missing from the abundance of items.
If you are looking for one of the finest examples of this iconic model, consider this one. These are incredibly expensive to have professionally restored, and this has been completely and painstakingly done to very high standards. We had a compete third party inspection completed. The report is available for your review and is very comprehensive. It reviews its mechanical functionality as well as its cosmetic condition.
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
See listing: 1958 Cadillac Eldorado (17,800 Miles) (from October 7, 2020)